vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Friday, February 23, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year!

It's the time of the year when...
You eat like its nobody's business
3 meals daily became 7
Indulging in ALOT of cookies and cakes is not sinful
Fireworks and firecrackers are legal though its banned~
Old Town Cafe became the most happenning place in town
and not surprisingly, ALL gatherings were held there..

It's high time of the year when...
You dig deep into your vocabulary reserves for the sweetest of greetings (and not to mention, longest)
Your sense of dressing gets judged publicly
and your hair
and your shoes
Interrogations interrogations interrogations
Questions are thrown smack at your face and this time around, they demand answers.

Memorable moments:
A reunion with the people I've known the longest, 20 years. woohoo!
The best part about the reunion is seeing how people you've known for the past decade became who they are today. Past conflicts forgotten, friendships renewed.

I find myself still talking about my late doggie. I don't think I'd ever have another dog like that. It's hard to settle for a less smarter one. Sigh. Plus I'm not allowed to get one any sooner, cos mum demands that I take care of my own doggie, not just leave it hanging around the house while I'm away in KL. Ish. I miss seeing Dan jumping up and down in excitement upon seeing my car at the front gate. I miss seeing Dan and his best mate the crazycat playing with each other. I miss seeing Dan chewing crazycat's ears til its dripping wet with saliva. I miss seeing his frightened face whenever the lightning strikes. He's so loveable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so true... about the new Old Town back in Alor Staq... keke... I'm not excepted. Just the 4 of us, trying out the new place.