vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Saturday, October 14, 2006

I Care

Priorities are what that made part of our daily lives. In fact, it was the way you prioritise that makes you the kind of person you are. More than often, negligence comes into the picture.

Prioritising is also the culprit, the reason why we sometimes shun the people we care about. It's a huge mistake to let it happen. I realised that I am taking things for granted, but I kept repeating it until it comes to a point where its almost beyond recovery, and I'm still not doing anything about it. To reverse all that seemed all impossible, and I guess I don't have the guts to make thing right again. I avoid it instead. Sigh.

People prioritise because they see lesser of something as compared to the other. They reckon that attention should be divided unevenly and things they think are important to them takes a bigger slice of attention. Occupies the most time. Common sense tells you that there's a serious imbalance among people and things that are important to you. And it took so long to make you realise that things are actually repeating itself again?

The way I am behaving right now, reminds me of my secondary school years, whom the people I shun are the ones I owed my life to, my parents. It just feels like I'm repeating my mistake again, and this time around it happened to people close to me. I took them for granted. For my love of the sport. It consumes me wholly, enough to make my relationship with my parents fail, and my studies suffered.

There's a need to find balance. The Yin and Yang of life.

I'm sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's exectly what i'm doing right now.
Saying is easy, J, but when you actually TRY to balance it, those who usually get the higher priority will feel dey are given not enough attention upon the 'change' (even tho you had given em' more, exceeding your own comfort zone at the first place), while those who WERE given the less priority will say "How come you're treating me so good nowadays haa? Got anything you want from me eh?" (not the exect words, but you know lah) *faints*

Negligence... Priority... Trying to stay alive can't be harder den trying to stay bubbly sometimes.