vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Election Spell

The election fever is now at its peak. Everywhere you can see banners and posters. Also pondok-pondok for their campaigns. Didn't see them act so fast when the flood hits certain parts of the nation. Nabe. I'm not going to discuss about that today.


When I was a 11, I knew nothing about what elections are for. Why bother voting over who should have the power to lead the country when the successor will still be from the same party? I don't recall getting much explanation from mum and dad, nor did they answer to all my curious questions, politics in particular.

Among my questions;
Why choose a Dacing as a symbol? Dacing has to be very balanced, or else Senget lar!

What has UMNO got to do with Barisan National?

Rocket! Looks like NASA flag. COOL!

More flags/posters/banners = more votes?
How do you know who to vote for when you only see these people coming out to campaign when the elections are near? At other times, what were they doing?
How this, why that, how come???

I have an odd liking for flags. I like to see flags; how they flutter and flap in the wind. On police bikes, the Royals convoy, Sports Day. So when I see those posters hanging freely everywhere, my genius mind hatched a brilliant idea. Make flags out of the posters. God knows what flag I made. Maybe with a candidate's face? Eww. Can't believe I actually did that. And yes, I did get a good scolding from mum for ripping out the posters and bring it home. They scare me with their bomoh and evil spells stories and that I will be put into a trance and they can make me do evil things and obey them. That scare the crap out of me. Me and my 'flags'. My mum's fantastic story.

I'm lucky not to get my mouth taped from asking all those questions. I know how annoying it must have been. I guess they had better ways to entertain me, by Ignoring certain questions. Based on need-to-know basis. I figured that if they were to explain the works of it, I guess a 10 minute thing will end up taking the whole day. I only question things that I have interest in knowing. Most of the time, I do more observation than questioning.

Anyway, by my own intense efforts at reading the news online during my goyang kaki days at le Bank, I picked up useful bits of information. I frequent websites that publish untainted information.

I'm lucky to be in the Internet age.

p/s: eh..my bali post is not finished. =P i know you can wait

No comments: