vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Getaway

I've never participate in any Treasure Hunt of any sort.

This was my first, and definitely won't be my last.

What is more fun that participating in a TreasureHunt, with a team made up of your own family members? It was a cross-border event, which also promotes Visit Malaysia 2007 (Hence the stickers on the participating cars)

It was a wet morning. It's been pouring since the wee hours that day. But it didn't dampen any of the participants enthusiasm a single bit. Everyone was in high spirit, and couldnt wait to get it started. As for me, I was not psyched, mainly cos I didnt get a good sleep the night before, thanks to the mat rempits burning the needle-straight 4-lane newly paved road behind my house; the other was because I spent long hours travelling.

LCCT was such a sight, the first impression it gave me was that it resembles the Melbourne International Airport. It was however a little troublesome to get there, an hour and fifteen minutes ride from KL Sentral to LCCT is rather illogical, cos the flight itself only took less than 55 minutes. Perhaps they should do something about the hour long journey to get there, and make use of the million dollar ERL.

Back to the mat rempits, I should have got up and grab a bag of gravels and start throwing at them. Or make a huge oilspill so that they'll go down together. Sakit hati, sakit telinga.

The Hunt starts from Alor Setar Mall and the last checkpoint would be in a rest area in Changloon, before we head to Hatyai.
The estimated distance that will be covered is 71KM. We were given a 5KM margin, and if you clocked more than that, faham faham la..you took another route to reach the final checkpoint. Clock in more than the given margin, you're disqualified.
We were given 4 hours to finish the Hunt, from the time we were clocked off.
But before we got it going, we had an hour long briefing (in 3 languages), explaining the rules and how to read the manuals, and also how to read the question sheet and fill out the answer sheet. While he was explaining, we havent seen the manuals yet, so we were just listening and tried to remember whatever he was saying.

We were flagged off at 10am, manuals were given out.

Everything I've been trying to absorb just minutes earlier almost faded entirely. Whats all those numbers and what am I suppose to do with it? Haha. As we left the starting point, we started out trying to understand how the sheets and the manual is suppose to work as a pair~
It was until the fourth question, that it finally made sense to add up the numbers on the sheets, that marks the location of the object in question. -.- Lucky us we had a future number crunching auditor on board. Haha. It's all fun from there onwards.

The questions and clues, brought us from AlorSetar, to Kuala Kedah (where you can hop on a ferry to Langkawi), right across the border to Kangar, Perlis, and all the way to Changloon before we head to our final destination at Lee Gardens, Hatyai.

Don't you just love this?

The wet weather was perfect for a set up for a perfect view of paddy fields, as far as the eye can see. I was simply enjoying the greenery around me, and it feels so good to be in the greens again. The concrete jungle back in KL is simply adding on the stress.

It's a test of navigational skills and mathematical skills, the skills to interpret printed words into visual feeds. One lesson learnt, Tresure Hunt means going down and look for it, not sitting in the car and see whatever you can. It was raining, so we didnt get off. =P At least we learnt something, eh?

We reached Changloon, its time for lunch. Had something light at the rest area, and we head to Hatyai. Had to catch some snooze time, I'm just drop dead tired. Occasionally I opened my eyes and see signages bearing words that curve and twist that looks familiar but incomprehensible to me. Welcome to Thailand. Zzzz..

We checked in to the hotel, had a quick shower and we're out again. Food food and more food!

Later that night, we had dinner at the hotel, where the winners and loser were announced. Trophies and prize money were given away. Lots of beer and lots of fun. Love the spirit of the Hash members. Lost of booze. I remember downing alot, thats it. Sitting at the same table with dad and his friends, one of which is also my friend, we downed one glass after another. There was also a lucky draw. They gave away everything, from T-shirts, to RC cars, to fishing rods, to a car battery ( -.-'') and all sorts of things which I cant make out from afar, though I'm sitting at the first table. -.-' Thought it was all over, when its down to 2 remaining prizes to be given away. 0105! Mum's!! A set of tyres -.-'
And the last prize, a set of 17' Rims and tyres to come with it, 0104!!! MINE!!!!!!
Woohoo~

Not forgetting the food, its all hot and spicy. Had my first taste of Thai green curry, and its good! The 2 days spent there, my stomich is all filled with Thai fest of hot stuff. -.-' Good food~

6 comments:

suki_jAy_lee said...

wowwwwww........... sounds fantastic!!!!!!!!! u had so much fun!!!!!!!! cool!!!!

iamjamiesher said...

it was!! haha!

Anonymous said...

lost a light and a bumper, u gain a pair of rims and tyres. NOT BAD WHATTTTTTTTTT!!!! gagagagga ;p

Az said...

Treasure Hunt is fun mann.. I guess the Wira will have 17' rims now huh ..hehe .. jealousnyer !

Anonymous said...

ah... Treasure hunt... (plus a Pajero, plus a challenging terrain), Everytime i saw those on TV... i would drool.

Ey... i alwez tot you're drivin a Kelisa lerr... how cum transform into Wira pulak. (Macam transformer)

Syok nye, aku jugak mau treasure hunt!!! Bwing me bwing me bwing me!!! *hands waving in the air* Or I'll stomp!!!

iamjamiesher said...

thamby!
Hehe. Costly costly costly damage to my car.. FuH..

Az,
Heh. Agreed! Treasure hunt is FUN! gawd. and the best part is that, its a family thing!!

Sis,
We drove on paved roads la...
haha. It was fun sis, it really was.
I never told you I drove a Kelisa. Hehe. You must have seen that in your dreams somewhere. But when I read your comment this morning, I got spooked. You know, the deja vu kinda feeling hit me. I've seen this LINE before!! *gasps*