vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Necessity: Electricity - OUT

While I was driving in the thunderstorm and thought I'll have to miss the Italian Grand Prix, cos the rain was so heavy we wouldn't be receiving any signal from Measat. Sighh.

Then I thought of the things I can do at home when I can't watch Astro.

Online?

No. Modem is connected to the phone cables, it has a high chance of getting struck.

Water heater. I've heard of stories where people get electrocuted when using the water heater during a thunderstorm.

Pssssaaaaaattttttt! Not very cool.

Then the thought of a total blackout crossed my mind. Hey, what can I do if the electricity's out?

...

Honestly, I am not quite sure what to do. Besides sitting around. Pretty much immobilized.
We were pretty dependent on ... everything.

Can't use the kettle.
The fridge is useless. Everything melts.
Can't use the vacuum cleaner. Back to broom-age.
Can't recharge the cellphone or notebook.
No drinking water cos we can't boil any.
No lights.
No fan/air-conditioning.
No TV/Astro.
Elevators won't work. (22 floors x 2 is totally not COOL)

What if a blackout hit the entire city?

I wouldn't want to even think about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mulut masin! if it happens i will smack u kao-kao! haha

TZ said...

Take a nice sleep... what else you can do... :-p

iamjamiesher said...

thamby,
lo siento lo siento. ampun ampun. haha

tz,
Sleep?!
air is still, as if lifeless, nothing seems to be moving. it feels weird to sleep in stillness...