vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Flame Grilled, anyone?

Dell's mass recall of battery packs made the headlines today. Grrreat.

As I'm typing this, the laptop was where a laptop was suppose to be, on my lap. To envision my laptop engulfed in a minor inferno was kinda scary, especially when my lap is exposed to such danger of getting flame-grilled. Gee..

I've checked my battery pack a couple of times, and it wasn't part of the recall. Won't exactly say that I'm relieved though. You know, electronic stuffs are kinda.. unpredictable. You'll never know when they decide to blow up. *gulps*

So, its time to leave all those electronic stuffs behind. Stick to the old school. Scream and shout at your pals across the streets if you need to talk, urgently. Nevermind others around you, they can choose not to hear. Or.. think of it as strong wind slapping your face. *Slaps* Stick to desktops, drop everything Mobile. Anything that has the word "Mobile".

With Liquid now officially banned on international flights and at airports, I will not have the slightest doubt that portable computers and cellphones will be next. Along with the brothers and sisters of the mobile technology, we're becoming the victim of our own inventions.

Maybe in the near future, we needn't wear anything over our birthday suits, we don't need to. After all, airports will be equipped with high end equipment that will allow them to see through the passenger's clothes. Why do we need clothes then? Save them alot more time, and our time too.

One thing interesting about being on Malaysia roads are that, there are so many things to see. Malaysians have the most peculiar little habits. Such as digging their nose publicly, which is as usual as running your hand through your hair. I'm not sure if I'm privileged, but I get to see ALOT of that everywhere. I cringe at the sight of that. I had to.
The worst thing is that, they kept doing what they were doing even though they saw you looking at them. How's that? Ugh. The next time you see that, grab your camera phone immediately and capture them. I'm sure that those snapshots wont go to waste. Just like we could submit pictures of people cutting queues, or doing the most outrageous things with their vehicles, we could do the same about bad habits. Send it to thoughtsforjamie@yahoo.com.

What's not to like about being a Malaysian?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What have I TOLD ya bout droppping that bad habit of yours???!!! Now you're even expanding this pastime of yours by asking em to send it right to ya mailbox?!

tsk tsk tsk....

ppl... u can still send her photos of watever road/car thingie.. but pls do skip e digging nose part out of it to keep this woman sane till someones comes up & give her a niceeee wake up call...

good day.

Anonymous said...

rat-a-tat,
I finally came to realise that people hate me. so they dig noses in front of me, just so I see it, got very disgusted and kill myself for a nosedig overdose. Woo..

Its not a past time, its living. Haha. Malaysians.

Yours Truly.

suki_jAy_lee said...

yo girl... my dell battery IS one of those affected & i hvta replace them. prob is, im in Houston, not in Malaysia. gosh, it's a nite mare... i hvta take the battery out & live wif power supply & an imbalanced laptop (coz the battery has one of the "leg" tips of the laptop). wat good is a laptop when u cant use it anywhere wifout a power supply? talkin bout technology, my foot! & it has to be recalled when im away for a long time.