vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Saturday, August 12, 2006

My Heart Babbles

People laugh when I said I miss home.

You have to be in one's shoes to know what it feels like. What it feels like to be so far away from the place where you grew up, away from the comforts of your home, away from your parents.

At least I know what my priorities are. I cherish what I have and I''m glad I got to where I am now. I'm glad that the distance seperating my family and I, brought me something better. Family bonds. I miss home.

I once wished I could get out from home as soon as I can. It's hard living with your parents who are constantly watching your every move, at times immobilizing you. It's suffocating. I crave freedom. Half my life was spent as an athlete. The kind of exposure you get from going places, was an entirely different experience. The more you found out about the outside world, it soon became part of your life, where you want to live in it. However, my parents supported my involvement in sports, and encouraged me. I was often reminded that my grades matter just as much, but I did just the exact opposite. I've let them down time and again, silently hurting them, but they never give up hope. I came home only for meals and for a place to sleep, the rest of the time are spent training and loitering at the training grounds. Parents paid for my tuition fees, only for me to sleep during classes. I was just too tired after each training session. I failed miserably to set my priorities right.

The chain of events happening after SPM and throughout my college years, I am glad things took a turn for the better.

People said that distance makes the heart grow fonder. When distance becomes a determining factor. Watchful parents, redefined. Suffocating no more. You take all those factors that were part of your first half of life, everything felt so much different. You missed the kind of attention you used to get.

The thought of my loving parents, reduced me to tears. I miss them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I won't laugh. I swear. I miss mom too... and my grandma, and my sister.